Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

Baked Kale Chips

The other day I was hanging out with my great friend Lia and we were talking about what we often talk about: food. How much we spend on it, what our kids will eat and won't eat, new things we've tried or new places we've eaten, etc.  She mentioned wanting to try Kale Chips.  It immediately sounded like something I needed to try.  I went home and searched the Internet for some recipes.  I felt like I was so out of the loop.  I guess Kale chips are a bit of trend I had apparently been missing out on. I never heard of Kale chips before but it looks like everyone else has.

On Saturday I went to the farmers market and chose 2 different kinds of Kale: Italian Kale and Winter Red.

The chips were super easy to make and so delicious.

So Lia, this one's for you. No need to go out and buy that olive oil spritzer ;-)


Recipe for Baked Kale chips

Wash and rinse Kale well.  Its important to make sure your Kale has been dried thoroughly. If you have a salad spinner, that works great but you can also just tap dry with paper napkins or a towel.


Put Kale in a mixing bowl and coat with Olive Oil.
Mix well and season with salt.
Spread out on baking sheet.



 Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes or until brown but not burnt.






1 comment:

  1. Ooh. So happy you wrote about kale chips! I've been meaning to make them, but I assumed you need a dehydrater. Going to try these asap.

    P.S. You are so lucky you have not only a farmers market to go to this time of year, but one where you can find two types of kale. I am so jealous.

    ReplyDelete