Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

A midwinters harvest

This weeks basket arrived with plenty of exciting things to cook with.  Butternut squash, red and green pears, collard greens, apples, mango. 

I have fully committed myself to writing this blog.  I'm a bit obsessed and i am very lucky K is home from work this week so I can get a start on this.  I am so much fun shopping for props and looking through cookbooks.  I feel there is a bit more of a justification to spend money on really beautiful cookbooks.  Its research right?

Working from a small table in the kitchen with two kids running around me hasn't been the best of work environments.  Today I found peace shooting on the side of the house by the garbage cans.  It worked.  


So on the agenda for this week:

Butternut Squash and Apple Soup with a Cider Cream

Collard Green Olive Pesto
 









I've never cooked with collard greens before. I was searching the internet for a good recipe I could make that maybe the kids would eat.  I found this one and I had to give it a try.  I made it and tossed with some pasta.  Sawyer at 2 bowls and Violet ate her share too.  Not bad for a couple of picky eaters.  The next morning I tossed a few spoon fulls in while scrambling my eggs and then topped with a little feta.  Delicious!











No comments:

Post a Comment