Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Roasted Fennel Dip

My sister often gives me produce from her organic home delivery when she can't finish it all.  When she gave me a huge fennel bulb last night, I knew just what I wanted to make.  A warm Roasted Fennel Dip.  If you love an artichoke dip, try this.





Ingredients

2 fennel bulbs, trimmed and cut into 2" wedges
3 cloves of garlic
3 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and Pepper
1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup mayonnaise

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a roasting pan add fennel and whole garlic cloves.  Toss with olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast until fennel is very tender, 20 to 30 minutes. Let cool slightly.
  2. Raise oven temperature to 450 degrees. Puree fennel and garlic in a food processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, and stir in 1/3 cup cheese and the mayo. Transfer mixture to a 2-cup baking dish, and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons cheese. Bake until dip is hot in center and cheese is golden brown, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately with crunchy french bread or crackers.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you were able to do something beautiful and delicious with my fennel. Once again, I am absolutely impressed by your culinary and artistic abilities!

    ReplyDelete